Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto
- Sunlight peeks through the tall, slender stems of bamboo that lead you to our intimate hideaway in Kyoto’s temple district. At our heart is the 800-year-old Shakusui-en, a pond garden that firmly grounds our contemporary Hotel in tradition, artistry and natural beauty. Come morning, watch the sun illuminate the landscape outside your room’s floor-to-ceiling windows – cherry blossoms in spring, rich greenery in summer, vibrant red foliage in fall and snow-kissed mountain peaks in winter. Beguiling Kyoto keeps its secrets close. Let us show you where to find them.
Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served in the hotel restaurant
Food and beverage credit of USD100 (not applicable at Sushi Wakon)
Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites, villas, and private residences)
Welcome note at check-in acknowledging you and your travel agency and the amenities that are being extended
Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms; complimentary premium Internet in all suites
COVID-19 SANITATION & SAFETY GUIDELINES
As we collectively respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto continues to ensure that guest and employee health and safety remains our top priority. Our Hotel is open and welcoming guests, and we have launched an enhanced global health and safety program, LEAD WITH CARE. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and to abide by all local health authorities. As a result, restaurant and facility services and hours of operation may be modified in order to comply with social distancing regulations. Upon arrival, there will be a screening procedure which may include temperature screening as well as a series of questions concerning your recent travel history. Employees will be wearing masks and we encourage guests to do so as well.
Lead With Care
To support the development of enhanced health and safety measures as well as the procurement of supplies and equipment for Lead With Care implementation, Four Seasons will be working closely with EcoLab and International SOS – who were also critical in the transformation of Four Seasons hotels in New York, Riyadh and Mumbai that housed medical personnel.
While guests will see many of the enhanced Lead With Care procedures, behind-the-scenes measures will also take place through employee training, additional food handling protocols, and enhancements to ventilation systems and other back-of-the-house operations.
In addition, Four Seasons continues to invest in its award-winning App and Chat that further allows guests to control how they engage with others – limiting face-to-face interactions while maintaining the highest levels of personal service. Since its launch in 2017, the popular Four Seasons Chat – one of the only in the industry to be supported by actual employees on property, versus chatbots – has received 10+ million messages and averages approximately 580,000 messages a month. Features include the ability to make and manage reservations, request luggage pickup, airport transfers, room service, restaurant and spa reservations, and much more. Wait-free check-in and check-out is also offered, while Four Seasons Chat integration offers instant translation of 100+ languages, giving guests the flexibility for contactless engagement throughout their stay.
Additional details about the Lead With Care enhanced health and safety program can be found below:
• Each Four Seasons property appointing a Hygiene Officer focused on implementing enhancements to already stringent procedures;
• Rooms disinfected daily with EPA approved products and will have blacklight inspection by room attendants;
• Focused re-training programs for Housekeeping teams on all cleaning protocols are being implemented across the portfolio;
• Public areas cleaned hourly with extra attention to frequented areas including front desk counters and public restrooms;
• The COVID-19 Advisory Board exploring an array of options to equip properties with the latest tools and technology, including electrostatic spraying, ozone technology for air purification and/or UV technology for HVAC systems.
Heightened Guest Safety and Comfort:
• Lead With Care kits placed in each guest room providing masks, hand sanitizer and sanitization wipes, with additional masks supplied on demand;
• Social distancing measures embedded in all services for guest protection, including appropriately spaced fitness equipment, modified spa menu and services, contactless check-in and housekeeping services;
• Restaurants and bars may operate with reduced capacity to ensure adequate space and socially distant set-up;
• Nearly all restaurants providing a-la-carte service with digital menus wherever possible;
• In Room Dining offering contactless delivery outside guestrooms along with sustainable, single-use packaging;
• Four Seasons App and Chat providing guests with real-time, contactless interactions with employees from their own device on nine global platforms and in 100+ different languages.
• Lead With Care training building on Four Seasons legendary service model and diligent attention to detail, ensuring Lead With Care procedures are delivered in a thoughtful, attentive manner that balances guest safety with personal reassurance and comfort;
• Training focused on educating and empowering employees to deliver the enhanced health and safety program with confidence, passing on this care to each and every guest and resident;
• The COVID-19 Advisory Board advising on the global training program for all employees including: ensuring employees have a well-informed understanding of the disease and its transmission, providing guidance on appropriate social distancing and use of personal protective equipment, as well as physical and mental health monitoring and support;
• Grounded in emotional intelligence, employees are undergoing behavioural training, ensuring empathetic, personalized care and connection are not lost in the absence of close contact and limited face to face interaction.
About Johns Hopkins Medicine International
Johns Hopkins Medicine International is the Johns Hopkins Medicine entity entrusted with global advancement of the mission: to improve the health of the community and the world by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and care. Johns Hopkins Medicine International develops high-impact collaborations throughout the world by leveraging Johns Hopkins' extensive knowledge of medicine, nursing, public health, medical education, research and health care administration to improve health and health care delivery. Johns Hopkins Medicine International also facilitates personalized, culturally appropriate care for Johns Hopkins Medicine’s global patients, as well as specialized concierge health care services.